Additional Salary Information:
Applicant Pool:If another department
vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may
be used for the selection.
• Applicants selected for further processing are required to pass an assessment test to determine skill and aptitude level for technical abilities.
• As a condition of employment, the successful candidate will be required to sign a release form, which authorizes the department to conduct a fingerprint background check.
All documentation required establishing preference or as required as part of the application must be submitted by the closing date to be considered during the selection process.
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:Criminal History Background Check
• Hardware related duties include researching, evaluating, configuring, deploying, maintaining, and disposing of PCs, laptops, printers, and other computer related hardware.
• Software management tasks include tracking existing software, creating automated deployment tasks, and monitoring and maintaining systems used for automated deployment.
• This position also provides technical support to MDT computer users and ISD staff on computer hardware and software issues. This involves answering technical questions, handling a wide variety of hardware and software issues including diagnostic support, error checking, eliminating software conflicts, installation of new systems, ensuring interoperability and identifying and correcting system conflicts, providing direction, and determining appropriate response including referrals to other personnel.
• Provides high-level assistance and technical analysis for department users to ensure employees are adequately supported to use applications appropriate to their jobs. This involves responding to, troubleshooting, and coordinating resolution of user problems.
• Additional duties include testing software for compatibility with existing operating systems and other installed software; and planning, designing, testing, and completing future software migrations.
• Working knowledge of computers and electronics
• Demonstrated project management abilities, including exceptional customer service before during and after the project is delivered
• Knowledge of information systems analysis, documentation, implementation, and maintenance, and analytical methods
• Ability to manage complex system administration and development projects
• Ability to manage change in an atmosphere of rapid technology change
• Effective communication, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related degree AND 2 years of work related experience. These two years of work related experience must include general network administration, software installation and configuration experience, including upgrading hardware and software, testing hardware and software for compatibility, and installing and upgrading software in a distributed environment.
Other equivalent combinations of education and experience may be considered.