Additional Salary Information:
Applicant Pool:If another department
vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may
be used for the selection.
Please Note: If you provide an email address on your application, all correspondence will be sent to that email address.
An offer of employment is contingent on a negative pre-employment drug test.
A valid Montana Commercial Operators License (Class A, Type II) with endorsements for air brakes and tankers is required within 30 days of employment.
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:Driving Record Check
This position performs a variety of work including:
- repair and maintenance of gasoline and diesel machinery and equipment;
- fabrication of specialized parts; system design and manufacture; and troubleshooting.
- cleans, inspects, and determines course of repair, including restoring close tolerances with accuracy;
- machining and/or replacing functional parts, devices and control instruments;
- reinstalls and assembles; starts, drives or operates equipment and devices to test performance.
- extensive skill in the operation of all types of equipment, including use of hand and power tools, computerized electric and electronic components, measuring gauges and instruments, sophisticated electronic and other diagnostics;
- all welding and cutting equipment, machining and metal fabrication equipment;
- ability to comprehend, and use effectively parts and service manuals, diagrams, schematics,
- ablity to troubleshoot/diagnose equipment failures and make required repairs.
- respond quickly and calmly to emergency situations, and through teamwork,
- comprehend technical manuals and follow details.
- establish and maintain working relationships
- make accurate and detailed field observations,
- thorough knowledge of equipment system design and repair; electronic theory and application, mechanical operation, and hydraulics design theory and application and welding construction.
- considerable knowledge of math and the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing.
Requirements to perform the duties of this position are journeyman level rating with 4 years of experience in diesel, or 4 years experience in gasoline, or 4 years experience in welding and fabrication or a combination of each depending on the position.
Applicants lacking experience but having specialized training from an accredited trade school will be considered.