Additional Salary Information:
Applicant Pool:If another department
vacancy occurs in this job title within six months, the same applicant pool may
be used for the selection.
If you provide an e-mail address on your application, all correspondence will be sent to that e-mail address.
No moving agreement will be offered.
The Havre Maintenance Area is recuiting for Temporary Maintenance Technicians (winter storm snowplow operations) for the surrounding areas:
Workshift will be 4 hours per day: Monday through Friday. There may be additional hours offered during storm events.
This position cleans and maintains roadways, and depending on weather will plow and sand roadways during snow events. If you are looking for temporary employment consider joining a team dedicated to the safety of the traveling public. Offer of employment is contingent upon undergoing pre-employment testing for controlled substances. Successful applicant must live within 30 road miles of the assigned maintenance section and must have a telephone or be reasonably accessible to the section headquarters.
A valid Montana, Type II, Class A Commercial drivers license is required. Drivers record will be verified. Successful applicants will be required to sign a release form which authorizes the Department to obtain the applicant's permanent driving records. Compliance with Mont. Admin. R. 2.6.201, "State Vehicle Use," and MDT Polilcy # 3-0134, "Addendum to Rick Management and Tort Defense Division State Vehicle Use Policy" are conditions of employment.
Successful applicant(s) will be subject to:Driving Record Check
Operates a variety of equipment, including trucks, to perform regular maintenance activities such as ditch cleaning, patching, overlays, fence repairs, lawn mowing and material or equipment transportation. In winter, loads sanding material and does snow removal and sanding. Responsible for overall functional operation of machines including preoperational checking, scheduled servicing, and adding fluids, and changing pins, cutting edges, etc. Performs related work as required.
- Tools and Equipment: Single Axle Trucks (over 12,500 lbs.), tar pot (under 1000 gallons), pulvi-mixer, push/pull brooms, crack sealers, rollers (under 5 Ton), auger type drills, recyclers (under 15 TPH) and various basic hand tools.
- Materials: Premixed paving materials, gravel, sanding material, salt, liquid deicers, snow, dirt and rock, oil and lubricants.
- Source of Supervision: Field Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Superintendent or other designated person.
- Physical Demands: Must be able to perform moderate physical activity in lifting, carrying, and/or operating the tools, equipment and materials listed above.
- Necessary Special Requirements: A valid Montana Class A Type II Commercial Operators license w/endorsements for air brakes and tanker is required. Successful applicant must live or relocate within 30 road miles of the work headquarters and must have a telephone or be reasonably accessible to the section headquarters.
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principle functions of the job identified and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Required to perform the duties of this position are one year experience driving heavy truck and operating construction related equipment. Requires working knowledge of basic diesel/gasoline vehicle maintenance; basic math and record keeping; and the ability to make estimates of materials needed.